The nutritional assessment survey conducted by the government has revealed the shocking thing. According to this survey, not only adults but also children are also increasingly affected by diabetes.
1 in 10 Indian children suffers from the pre-diabetic stage. This means that he is on the threshold of diabetes. This was revealed in a survey of a nutritional assessment conducted in 30 states and union territories. The survey also shows that these children are becoming increasingly diabetic (diabetes) as they grow up. This first survey of the country conducted for nutritional assessment shows that the risk of non-communicable disease is increasing among the children of the country.
The survey conducted between children between 1 and 19 years
From February 2016 to October 2018, the survey was conducted between 1.12 lakh children and adolescents, aged 1 to 19 years. High triglycerides were found in 10% of these children. Explain that an overdose of triglycerides is bad for the heart. It thickens the arteries, increasing the risk of heart attack or stroke.
28 percent of teenagers have high cholesterol levels
The survey also revealed that 28% of adolescents were found to have high levels of poor cholesterol (lipoprotein), which increased their risk of heart disease. High blood pressure was also reported in 5 percent of the children. 7 percent of children and adolescents showed signs of chronic kidney disease. These children originally belong to the states of South, East, and Northeast. The government is now closely studying the results of the survey to draft a new policy to deal with the risk of non-communicable diseases in children.
Cause of diabetes in children
Nowadays most of the children constantly cling to their gadgets. Many times, it is the parents or caretakers who give them smartphones or other gadgets to divert their attention or keep them under control. Children are becoming too much dependent on computers and other electronic devices for entertainment. Physical activity has become negligible and is having a bad effect on their physical and mental health. Due to the busy lifestyle, eating outside food increases fat and all these things become the cause of diabetes.
Make these changes in lifestyle
- Feed them healthy and nutritious food from a young age. Intake of healthy food on time benefits children.
- Children should be given a variety of food, including healthy fat, whole grains, and dairy food.
- Sugar drinks, processed food, refined curries should be avoided.
- Fresh fruits, vegetables, and many fruit juices should be given
- Children follow the lifestyle of parents, if parents eat healthy food, then their children also choose the option of healthy food.
- Keep healthy food options for the child at home.
- निमोनिया: लक्षण, कारण, रोकथाम, उपचार, प्रकार
- लड़कियों को लड़कों में क्या चीजें पसंद होती हैं।
- टाइप 2 डायबिटीज से बचाव
- मधुमेह रिस्क टेस्ट
- टाइप 2 मधुमेह के जोखिम कारक